Getting Started on iOS/Android
This is a quick tutorial to help get you started on the iOS/Android apps. This will give you some not so obvious tips on how to
- create cards
- download cards
- and study for a quiz.
- This first step is to create an account. This is optional. You may create cards anonymously, but creating an account gives you easy access to your own cards. Create Account Here.
- Next follow the instructions for creating a set of cards online.
- Then open the Flashcards application on your mobile device.
- Select the menu option (iOS in the lower right, Android on the upper right). Choose Card Management.
- Touch Browse By Account
and then enter the account name you created (or choose Browse All Online Cards). You may enter the names of
any account name to get a list of cards they have created. For instance, if you are studying with a friend, you
may want to enter their account name. However, if
that person has marked their cards as private,
you will not be able to download without entering their account password.
- Now wait for the cards to load. You will see the cards your
account has created.
- You can also enter a search term or card id to search for specific cards.
When you've found the cards you want, touch the list item.
- This brings up a preview window of all the cards. Touch the Save button
in the upper right.
- The cards have now been added to your list. Touch the button in the upper left to go back to the main screen.
- We are going to change the quiz mode to Medium. This will cycle through
cards and repeat which ones you get wrong. Click the mode button in bottom middle and select Medium.
- Your cards should be in the list. You can touch an item in this list to bring up those cards, or ...
- I would like to study for my french test, including all of my
verbs and nouns. In the top search bar, I am going to start typing in
the word french until I see
only the 2 card sets displayed.
(I could also type "fr ve" to match "french verbs").
- Now click the Use Listed
button in the upper right. This will select all cards showing in this list.
- The flashcards quiz will start! Touch the screen to continue.
- Press the circle button for cards you get right, the x button
for cards you get wrong.
- Press the grey X in the upper right to return to the cards list. Feel free to change options in the Settings menu and then start the quiz again.