Fuel Pool Cooling
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the power supply for the FPC pumps?
MCC-133 and MCC-43
What are all of the Emergency Make-up sources to the Spent Fuel Pool?
- Condensate Service Stations/Demin or Firehose
- Filter demin back wash connection
- RHRSW via RHR
- Fire Water via RHR
- Precoat Pump
- RHR suction from Torus
Assumptions for Normal Refueling Outage Discharge Heat Load?
- Assumes 141 bundles are dishcarged every 18 mos, 96 hrs of cooling have occurred.
- Heat load per discharge batch is 5.6 mil BTU/hr
- Heat load decreases rapidly
- The next disch to the HDFSS adds another 5.6 mil BTU/hr
Assumptions for Full Core Discharge?
- Discharge is req'd 30 days following the last refueling discharge and fills the final 484 spaces in the HDFSS.
- Full core disch is completed within 150 hrs of shutdown.
- Calculated heat load is 19 mil BTU/hr, RHR would be used, as necessary, in order to cool the full-core discharge.
High Level Alarm for Skimmer surge tank?
Low Level Alarm?
Lo Lo Level?
- 2'6" - and trips pumps.
Fuel Pool Level Alarms?
- Hi - 37'11-5/8"
- Lo - 36'7"
What is the cooling medium for the FPCC HX's?
Refuel Bellows Seal Lkg?
Rx Level Seal Lkg?
Fuel Pool Gate Lkg?
Minimum allowed SFP by Tech Specs?
The spent fuel storage pool water level shall be ≥ 37 ft above the bottom of the spent fuel storage pool.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview