The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Scientific study of biological bases of behavior and mental progesses
nerves that communicate in electrical and chamical form
Action prtentials arebased on the movements of ions in and out of the cell.
moves to next one and next one and on...
- Primary roles.learning, memory, muscle contractions
- Associated disorders.Alzhimers disease
- Primary roles.movement/tremmors, thought process, rewarding sensation.
- Associated disorders.Parkinsons disease, schizophrenia, drug addiction
- Primary roles.emotional state, sleep
- Associated disorders.depression
- Primary roles.physical arousal, learning, memory
- Associated disorders.depression, stress
- Primary roles.
- inhibition of brain activity
- associated disorders.
- anxiety disorders
- Primary roles.pain preception, positive emotions
- associated disorders.opiate addiction
- Central nervous system (CNS)
- peripheral nervous system (PNS)
Central Nervous system
- Spinal cord
- ---connects brain and peripheral nervous system.
Peripheral nervous system