The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does the amber light on an SRV indicate?
30 PSID in the tailpipe, indication that the SRV is OPEN.
At what flow value will the RHR pump open and close it's min flow valve?
What is indicated by receiving alarm 292-A-5 (12 Standby Diesel Gen Day Tank)?
Alarm indicates that the day tank is no longer overflowing when the ASDS transfer switches are in transfer. Otherwise, would alarm on C-06
Will also come in in Day tank level reaches 470 gallons.
At what pressure will the Amber light come on for the scram air header pressure for the ASDS panel?
At what level do the Fuel Pool Hi/Lo level alarms come in at?
What is the tech spec minimum value?
- Hi - 37'11-5/8"
- Lo - 36'7"
TS - >=37'
What special design characteristic do the fuel pool spargers have that would prevent an inadvertant drain down of the fuel pool?
Equipped with check valves to prevent reverse flow.
What are the assumptions for "Normal Refueling Outage Discharge Heat Load"?
- Assumes 141 assemblies are discharged every 18 months with an average exposure of 25,000 MWD/MTU. Also assumed that it is 96 hrs of cooling time have occurred.
- The heat load per discharge batch is nominally 5.6 million BTU/hr
- This heat load decreased rapidly and eventually reaches a minimum at the time of the next refueling outage.
- The next discharge to the HDFSS adds another 5.6 million BTU/hr to the accumulated heat load, and this process is repeated each fuel cycle with a small increase in the observed minimum heat load over time.
What are the assumptions for "Full-Core Discharge" (Emergency Cooling)?
- Discharge is required 30 days following the last refueling discharge and fills the final 484 spaces in the HDFSS.
- Full core discharge is completed 150 hrs after shutdown.
- Heat load calculated is 19 million BTU/hr. RHR would be used as necessary in order to cool the full-core discharge.
Skimmer surge tank level alarms?
- 8' - hi
- 4' - low
- 2'6" - lo-lo (trips pumps)
What are the sources of emergency make-up to the fuel pool?
- Condensate Service Stations, Demins or Fire hose
- Filter Demin Back wash connex
- RHRSW via RHR
- Fire Water via RHR
- precoat pump
- RHR suction from torus
What is the cooling medium to the FPCC heat exchangers?
The plant is operating at normal rated conditions with FPCC system in service when flow drops to 135 GPM. What automatic actions, if any, will occur?
Starts the holding pump, which is powered from MCC-141 by the way. which also powers rps and one of the 10 fans.
For batteries 11-17, state what type of battery it is (Voltage), Div I or II and it's normal charger power supply.
- 11 - 125VDC - Div I, MCC-143A
- 12 - 125VDC - Div II, MCC-133A
- 13 - 250VDC - Div I, MCC-134
- 14 - 24 VDC - Div I, L-34
- 15 - 24VDC - Div II, L-38
- 16 - 250VDC - Div II, MCC-144
- 17 - 250VDC - LC-108 (pri) LC-107 (alt)
A loss of Y-10 could be caused by which of the following?
a) Loss of D-100
b) Loss of Y-73
c) Loss of Y-71
d) Loss of LC-104
- c) Loss of Y-71
- Y-71 is the inverter that transforms the 250VDC to 120VAC to supply Y-10 and Y-70
Describe the "Zip Mode" in reference to 120VAC inverters.
Caused by hi current or low inverter voltage when the alternate source is NOT available; rapid shutdown and quick ramp up to attempt to clear the faulty component(s).
Y-20 normally receives its power from which of the following sources?
- c) MCC-143
- MCC-133 is the alternate source through an ATS (Y-21), which is power seeking, although it must be reset manually.
Y-90 and Y-94 normally receive their power from LC-108. If a plant disturbance occurs where LC-107 and LC-108 are lost, where will it receive power?
17 Battery via D-71
What automatic actions initiate when the fire header reaches 70#'s?
The fire pump (LC-104) and diesel fire pump (min tank value is 65 gallons) automatically start. After 10 seconds, the screen wash fire pump will also start and close CV-1971 (also fails closed on a loss of air, but will NOT close on a loss of Y-20)
List all of the locations for the "Preaction" type deluge.
- EDGs and Tank rooms
- 13 Diesel
- Rad waste shipping
- Turbine Bearing and Exciter Bearings
Upon detection of Halon pressure in the supply lines or activation of a thermal detector in the cable spreading room, what is the expected response?
- Local alarm inside the CSR and outside the south door.
- Alarm 300-B-3 (CSR Fire)
- Trip CSR supply and exhaust fans, VAH-6 and V-EF-33.
- (30 second time delay for halon to enter room when automatically initiated, no time delay if manually initiated.)
A plant transient occurred that requires the outlplant operator to reset a breaker on MCC-114. Where will you direct him to go to reset the breaker?
PAB, old H&V room
Where is MCC-141 located?
Radwaste control room.