Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What does the amber light on an SRV indicate?
30 PSID in the tailpipe, indication that the SRV is OPEN.
At what flow value will the RHR pump open and close it's min flow valve?
What is indicated by receiving alarm 292-A-5 (12 Standby Diesel Gen Day Tank)?
Alarm indicates that the day tank is no longer overflowing when the ASDS transfer switches are in transfer. Otherwise, would alarm on C-06
Will also come in in Day tank level reaches 470 gallons.
At what pressure will the Amber light come on for the scram air header pressure for the ASDS panel?
At what level do the Fuel Pool Hi/Lo level alarms come in at?
What is the tech spec minimum value?
- Hi - 37'11-5/8"
- Lo - 36'7"
TS - >=37'
What special design characteristic do the fuel pool spargers have that would prevent an inadvertant drain down of the fuel pool?
Equipped with check valves to prevent reverse flow.
What are the assumptions for "Normal Refueling Outage Discharge Heat Load"?
- Assumes 141 assemblies are discharged every 18 months with an average exposure of 25,000 MWD/MTU. Also assumed that it is 96 hrs of cooling time have occurred.
- The heat load per discharge batch is nominally 5.6 million BTU/hr
- This heat load decreased rapidly and eventually reaches a minimum at the time of the next refueling outage.
- The next discharge to the HDFSS adds another 5.6 million BTU/hr to the accumulated heat load, and this process is repeated each fuel cycle with a small increase in the observed minimum heat load over time.
What are the assumptions for "Full-Core Discharge" (Emergency Cooling)?
- Discharge is required 30 days following the last refueling discharge and fills the final 484 spaces in the HDFSS.
- Full core discharge is completed 150 hrs after shutdown.
- Heat load calculated is 19 million BTU/hr. RHR would be used as necessary in order to cool the full-core discharge.
Skimmer surge tank level alarms?
- 8' - hi
- 4' - low
- 2'6" - lo-lo (trips pumps)
What are the sources of emergency make-up to the fuel pool?
- Condensate Service Stations, Demins or Fire hose
- Filter Demin Back wash connex
- RHRSW via RHR
- Fire Water via RHR
- precoat pump
- RHR suction from torus
What is the cooling medium to the FPCC heat exchangers?
The plant is operating at normal rated conditions with FPCC system in service when flow drops to 135 GPM. What automatic actions, if any, will occur?
Starts the holding pump, which is powered from MCC-141 by the way. which also powers RPS and one of the 10 fans.
For batteries 11-17, state what type of battery it is (Voltage), Div I or II and it's normal charger power supply.
- 11 - 125VDC - Div I, MCC-133A
- 12 - 125VDC - Div II, MCC-143A
- 13 - 250VDC - Div I, MCC-134
- 14 - 24 VDC - Div II, L-34
- 15 - 24VDC - Div I, L-38
- 16 - 250VDC - Div II, MCC-144
- 17 - 250VDC - LC-108 (pri) LC-107 (alt)
A loss of Y-10 could be caused by which of the following?
a) Loss of D-100
b) Loss of Y-73
c) Loss of Y-71
d) Loss of LC-104
- c) Loss of Y-71
- Y-71 is the inverter that transforms the 250VDC to 120VAC to supply Y-10 and Y-70
Describe the "Zip Mode" in reference to 120VAC inverters.
Caused by hi current or low inverter voltage when the alternate source is NOT available; rapid shutdown and quick ramp up to attempt to clear the faulty component(s).
Y-20 normally receives its power from which of the following sources?
- c) MCC-143
- MCC-133 is the alternate source through an ATS (Y-21), which is power seeking, although it must be reset manually.
Y-90 and Y-94 normally receive their power from LC-108. If a plant disturbance occurs where LC-107 and LC-108 are lost, where will it receive power?
17 Battery via D-71
What automatic actions initiate when the fire header reaches 70#'s?
The fire pump (LC-104) and diesel fire pump (min tank value is 65 gallons) automatically start. After 10 seconds, the screen wash fire pump will also start and close CV-1971 (also fails closed on a loss of air, but will NOT close on a loss of Y-20)
List all of the locations for the "Preaction" type deluge.
- EDGs and Tank rooms
- 13 Diesel
- Rad waste shipping
- Turbine Bearing and Exciter Bearings
Upon detection of Halon pressure in the supply lines or activation of a thermal detector in the cable spreading room, what is the expected response?
- Local alarm inside the CSR and outside the south door.
- Alarm 300-B-3 (CSR Fire)
- Trip CSR supply and exhaust fans, VAH-6 and V-EF-33.
- (30 second time delay for halon to enter room when automatically initiated, no time delay if manually initiated.)
A plant transient occurred that requires the outlplant operator to reset a breaker on MCC-114. Where will you direct him to go to reset the breaker?
PAB, old H&V room
Where is MCC-141 located?
Radwaste control room.
What is the design bases for the EDG local fuel storage and the oil storage tank?
Each EDG will have local fuel tanks fed from a common oil storage tank. The local tanks will have sufficient capacity for a minimum 8 hrs of full power operation. The oil storage tank (T-44) will provide sufficient fuel for at least one week of full load operation of a single diesel.
What are the EDG Fast Start signals?
- Loss or potential loss of station power
- Low-low level
- high DW pressure
The EDG booster pumps supply initial hydraulic oil supply for the UG8 governor until the EDG reaches 125 RPM, at which point the engine shaft oil pump will then supply the oil. What is the power supply for these pumps?
Why is the EDG speed droop moved to the scribe mark when starting for surveillance testing?
To avoid picking up too much load on the bus.
How is DFO (Diesel Fuel Oil) supplied to the fuel base tank?
What is the power supply for these?
When do they auto start and stop?
Alarms associated with this?
- Fuel Transfer Pumps (2)
- Powered from the EDG (240VAC)
- Primary: Starts 355 gal
- Stops 480 gal
- Secondary: Starts 190 gal (11 and 12 EDG)
- Stops 225 gal (280 for 12)
- Alarms: 11 EDG - 190 gal (low)
- 12 EDG - 240 gal (low)
Which valves are opened in the event that a EDGs ESW pump does not start when the EDG is given a fast start signal?
SW-228 and SW-229
Power supply for the EDG starting air compressors?
- 11 EDG:
- #1 - MCC-133
- #2 - MCC-143
- 12 EDG:
- #1 - MCC-143
- #2 - MCC-133
What RPM will an EDG overspeed?
1035 RPM (15%) Normal speed is 900 RPM.
Upon EDG fast start, EDG ventilation will initiate when EDG RPM is >125 RPM. Which fan is associated with the 11 EDG and what is its power supply?
How would this be different if Bus 15 was de-energized prior to initiation?
- 11 - V-SF-10 - MCC-134
- 12 - V-SF-9 - MCC-143
the vent fans will then start upon bus energization.
What occurs to 12 EDG when it receives a "Hot Engine" alarm?
control for 12 ESW pump is transferred to ASDS panel.
What gives a turbine trip? (Monday Tuesday Wednesday EVening are 4 Golf)
- M - Moisture Sep Drain Tk Lvl - 927'6" for 10 sec
- T - Thrust Brg (20 mils)
- W - Water Level (+48")
- E - no longer used
- V - Vacuum (20" Hg)
- G - Generator neg seq
- G - Generator loss of field
- G - Generator lockout
- G - Generator Stator cooling
Main Generator P/S, normal?
- MCC-131 (Normal)
- MCC-121 (Alternate) with ATS which is power seeking
When do the different groups of coolers start on the main transformer?
- Group 1 - Coolers 1, 2 and 3 - upon energization
- Group 2 - Coolers 4, 5 and 6 - 70 C
- Group 3 - Coolers 7, 8 and 9 - 75 C
The plant was operating at normal rated conditions when a disturbance occurred resulting in a lockout of Bus 16. It is desired to cross-connect LC-103 and LC-104. Concerning the cross connect, what must be done (in LCO space) prior to performing it?
One division of ECCS must be declared INOP. This would also be applicable in instances that B3300 and B4300 are challenged to operate, i.e., loss of control power to these breakers, NR fuse issues, etc.
During operator rounds in the control room, the BOP notices that the red light for Breaker 52-701 (LC-107 supply) is de-energized. The BOP directs the outplant operator to check the local light as well and the APEO reports that the red light is out locally as well. What is this an indication of?
The red indicating lights in the CR and locally at the 4KV ckt bkrs monitor the integrity of the tripping circuit while they are closed. Loss of red light indication at both locations results in disabling all electrical trips of the breaker.
The plant is in a normal refueling outage with the SRM shorting links removed. During the outage, it becomes necessary to take battery 15 out of service for maintenance. After the 15 battery is isolated, the supply breaker for MCC-143 (52-404) trips due to a fault. What is the status of the plant?
- A reactor scram will have occurred due to:
- 15 Battery is OOS
- AC supply for 15 Battery is lost
- SRMs 21 and 22 lose power resulting in an INOP/TRIP
- Since the shorting links are installed, this would result in a Reactor Scram
What must be done if a 24 VDC battery is declared inop?
All associated equipment must be declared INOP immediately for modes 1, 2 and 3.
What are the automatic shutdowns for the 13 Diesel Generator?
- Overspeed - 2160 RPM (20%)
- Low LO pressure (30# for 9 sec)
- High Coolant temperature (225F for 10 sec)
- Over crank (90 sec, 5 crank/rest cycles)
- Generator breaker trip
What will cause the 13 DG to auto start and load to LC-107?
When would LC-107 power LC-108?
The 13 DG would auto start upon a loss of voltage to LC-107 PLUS a 10 second time delay. After this, the 13 DG starts and gets up to rated speed and voltage within about 12 seconds, at which point it will load onto LC-107. If LC-108 remains de-energized for an additional 10 seconds, LC-107 and LC-108 will automatically cross-connect.
The Scram Buffer Orifice holes are located on the _________ of a CRD.
What is the load of concern when the 13 DG is needed for power?
Y-91 - Plant computer system, also, if shutdown cooling is lost, MCC-111 to get RPS back to restore shutdown cooling.
What are the SBGT automatic initiation signals?
- RBV Plenum High Rad (26 mr/hr) 1 up, two down
- Refuel floor High Rad (50 mr/hr) 1 up, two down
- DW High Pressure @ 1.84#'s
- Low Low RPV Level @ -47"
What are the reactor building exhaust fans and what are their power supplies?
- V-EF-24A and V-EF-24B (Reactor Building Exhaust Fans)
- Trip and isolate on SBGT auto-initiation
- Interlocked with V-AC-10A and B such that V-EF-24 must be started first.
- Powered from MCC-111 - only one unit can be operated at a time.
The Control Room Breathing Air Supply is designed to provide ___ hrs of breathing air for ___ people.
3 hrs for 8 people
The plant is at normal rated conditions performing testing of the core spray inboard/outboard injection valves when a plant disturbance occurs. Prior to the disturbance, the status of the injection valves is as follows:
MO-1751 (CS outbd)- Closed
MO-1753 (CS inbd)- Open
MO-1752 and 1753 - Normal
What is the normal position of MO-1751 and MO-1753? Will MO-1751 open if required by the CS logic?
- Normal configuration is:
- MO-1751 and 1752 - Open
- MO-1752 and 1753 - Closed
Yes, it will open, both valves will receive an open signal.
Which turbine stages supply which Feedwater heaters with heating steam?
- 6th Stage HP 15A Heater 15B Heater
- 7th Stage 14 A Heater 14 B Heater
- 8th Stage 13 A Heater 13 B Heater
- 10th Stage 12 A Heater 12 B Heater
- 12th Stage 11 A Heater 11 B Heater
Why would recircs automatically run back to 30% following a reactor scram?
Due to sensed feed flow <20%.
When is a turbine runback enabled and what will initiate a turbine runback?
- Enabled >4000 stator amps
- Initiated upon low generator inlet pressure 38.6 PSIG OR High Generator Outlet temperature of 86 C.