Theory Analysis (8)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
7 Criteria for Theory Analysis
- Logical Adequacy
7 Criteria of Theory Analysis: Origin
- How did the theory come about? From practice?
- What prompted its development?
- Was is inductive or deductive?
- Empirical support in literature & research?
- What is already known?
7 Criteria of Theory Analysis: Meaning
- How do the concepts relate to each other?
- What kinds of concepts are in the theory? Abstract / Concrete?
- What kinds of definitions? Operational / Theoretical?
- What kinds of statements? Descriptive / Relational / Causal?
7 Criteria of Theory Analysis: Logical Adequacy
- Structure logical?
- Free of fallacies?
- Accuracy in predictions?
- Premises accurate? Correctly drawn?
- Format accurate?
- Content make sense to experts in the field?
7 Criteria of Theory Analysis: Usefulness
- Provide new insights?
- Explain phenomena better than previous theories?
- Allow better prescriptions?
- Potential to benefit nursing practice?
7 Criteria of Theory Analysis: Generalizability
- Extent generalization can be made
- Wider usage = more generalizable
- Where can this information be used?
7 Criteria of Theory Analysis: Parsimony
- Covers broad range of situations
- Statements do not overlap
7 Criteria of Theory Analysis: Testability
- Hypotheses can be generated?
- Definitions are operational or observable?
- (If already tested, then testable.)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview