Linux stream commands
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -c count characters
- -w count words
- -l count lines
- -L print the length of the longest line
- -i => matching is case insensitive
- -E => use regular expression
- -n => include line numbers in output
- -v => include lines that do not include the following words
- -B <integer> => include <integer> lines before searched term
- sed 's/find/replace/' => replaces first intance of find with replace
- sed 's/find/replace/g' => replaces all instances of find with replace.
- tr <options> <set1> <set2>replaces set1 with set2.
- -d => deletes set1-s => squeeze, remove duplicate letters included in set1
- sort <options> filename . . .
- -n => sort numericaly
- -r => sort in reverse order
- -m => do not sort, only merge
- -t <separator> => use the character separator as a column separator
- -k <number> => sort by this column number
- -o <filename> => send output to this file instead of STDOUT
- uniq <options> <filename. . .>must be fed sorted data
- -i => ignore case
- -D => print duplicate lines
- -d => only print duplicate lines
- -u => only print unique lines
- -c => prefix lines by the number of occurrences
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview