Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- AMD's Card Module
- AMD Athlon
- Not popular
PGA, SPGA with 321 pins, and PGA, SPGA, and FC-PGA with 296 pins.
AMD K5 and K6, Cyrix 6x86, Pentium, and Pentium MMX.
First socket to support dual voltage inputs, which support the various core and I/O voltages introduced with the Pentium MMX processors. Socket 7 has one more hole than Socket 5, but is not electrically connected. It simply prevents a new CPU frm being plugged into a Socket 5 socket.
- 423-pin SPGA and FC-PGA, OOI
- Pentium 4
- Short lived. Used in early Pentium 4 processors
- SECC, SECC2, SEP with 242 contacts.
- Pentium II, early Celeron, and Pentium III
- Edge connector slot developed specifically for the SECC, SECC2, and SEP packages.
- SECC, SECC2, SEP with 330 contacts.
- Pentium II and Xeon
- Similar to Slot 1, but the CPU can communicate with the Level II cache at full CPU speed, rather than at the half-speed supported through Slot 1.