Microbiology exam 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Presence of microbes on the body without tissue invasion or damage.
- Microbes called normal flora.
Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI)
- A hospital aquired infection.
- May not see symptoms right away
- most are preventable
ways to prevent infection (3)
- -treat everyone as if they are infected.
- -hand hygiene ( soap, sanatizer)
- -Respiratory hygiene ( sneezing into sleeve)
The study of microorganisms
Types of bacteria (6) b,f,v,p,a,h
- 1. Bacteria
- 2. Fungus
- 3. Virus
- 4. Protozoan
- 5. Algae
- 6. Helminths
- Study of:
How to write Genus species
- Genus is capitalized and can be abbreviated
- species is lower case
- Ex: S. aureus
Spontaneous Generation (false)
- Life can arise spontaneously from no longer living things.
- Fransisco Redi proved false
Living cells only arise from preexisting cells.
Germ thoery of disease
Disease may be caused by microscopic organisms
Anton Van Leeuwenhoek
First to use microscopes to see microorganisms
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview