Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
location of intervertebral discs
between the vertebra of the vertebral collumn
importance of intevertabral disks
intevertebral disk anatomy
- outter ring of anulous fibrosis
- inside nucleus pulpus : absorbs shock, provides strength.
due to abnormal stress, fibrocartilage weakens and ruptures allowing an extrusion of the nuculus pulposis material into vertebral canal.
consequences of a herniated disk
- incredible pain
- inflammation of spinal cord and nerve root damage resulting in peralisis.
- inflammation of a joint due to
- instability, trauma, old age, infection, or autoimmune disorder.
- osteoarthritis, gouty arthritis, rhematoid arthritis, septic arthritis
- primarily in elderly
- causes: inactivity and obesity
unable to process amino acids so they are converted into uric acid that cristilizes joints
due to infections
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview