Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Superior (cephalic) (cranial): toward head
- Inferior (caudal): toward tail
- Anterior (ventral): front surface
- Posterior (dorsal): back surface
- Medial: toward midline
- Lateral: away from midline
- Proximal: Near a point of reference
- Distal: Away from point of reference
- Superficial (external): toward surface
- Deep (central) (internal): toward midline
What does prone and supine mean?
- Prone: Lying face downwards
- Supine: Lying on back, face upwards.
Planes of the body
- Sagittal: Vertical plane divides body into R & L
- Median: Symmetrical sagittal cut.
- Frontal (coronal): Cut making anterior and posterior section. EX: plane of glass slicing body into front half and back half
- Transverse (horizontal): Upper and lower parts
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview