Ap Human Geo Government
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Culture?
the total knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors shared and passed on by the members of a group
What is a society?
group that shares a geographic region, sense of identity and culture
group that shares language, customs, and common heritage
How do societies form?
- individual-one person
- Family-made up of individuals
- Clan-made up of families
- tribe-made up of clans
- tribes grow until they become a society
basic human needs
- oxygenShelter and clothing(not actual needs)
creating something new
taking something already made and making it better
the spreading of goods, ideas, inventions, or patterns of behavior
site of innovation in which ideas, materials, and technology diffuse to many cultures
when a society changes because it accepts or adopts an innovation
- allows people within a community to communicate
- --one of the most important aspects of a culture
- --helps establish cultural identity
- --can also divide people
- 3,000-6500 languages exist and they are grouped based on similarities
- --english, russian, hindi, and greek all came from indo european faminy
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview