Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is an era?
A period of time considered to be dinstinctive
What are the four geologic eras?
- * Precambrian
Which era is the earliest?
What are two important facts about the precambrian era?
- *Era of mountain building
- *Canadian shield formed of the three different kinds of rock
Which era is the ancient?
Name three important facts about paleozoic era?
- *Sediments from shield deposited from shallow seas
- *living organisms in seas at first, then insects and amphibians
- *Plant/forests first appeared
Which era was created in the middle?
Name three important facts about mesozoic era
- *Pangaea began to break up
- *Plates collided, mountains formed
Which is the most recent
Name four important facts about cenozoic
- *Ice ages, may not be the last one
- * age of mammal and humans
- *Our impact, in a short period of time and has been enormous
What are three kinds of rock
What is a Igneous Rock
Hardened molten lava
what is Metamorphic
Heated/ pressurized Igneous rock
What is sedimentary rock
Broken down rock
What is Pangaea?
Pangaea is the name of the continents when they were joined together forming a super continent; Pangaea.
What are the three main parts of the earth?
How many plates is the earth made up of?
What does the movement of the plates cause?
- * mountains
The cracks formed in the earths crust created by earthquakes are called:
Hot rock called _______ may force it's way to the surface.
Magma is called______when above the crust. It builds up layer after layer causing a_____to be formed.
The earths crust can be changed by:
The four main elements of erosion are:
Glaciers covered parts of north america ___ million years ago.
What are the three main areas of Canada?
- Canadian Shield
What is another name for the Canadian shield?
Precambrian shield because it was formed in the Precambrian era
Canadian shield has rock which is over___million years old.
What are the two kinds of rock that make up most of this region?
Igneous and metamorphic
The hudson bay and arctic lowlands are covered by flat____ and some forest.
What kind of rock does it have
Great lakes and st. lawrence lowlands has a______-landscape carved by_______.
What kind of rock does it have?
What does the shield have a great resource of which gives it another name, what are some of thses metal?
- Canada's storehouse of metallic metals
- because contains valuable minerals
- great quantities
- lead, gold, nickel, copper, zinc
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview