Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Advertising technique: group of people using a product or service.
Advertising technique: product displayed in expensive home.
rich and famous
Advertising technique: redeemable coupons for merchandise.
Advertising technique: scences of nature.
Advertising technique: peoople smiling and laughing.
Advertising technique: people for whom a product has worked. An advertisement featuring a satisfied user of a product.
Anyone who purchases or uses health products or services.
The opinions of family members and friends, cost, and the media are all (pick from internal or external) factors that influence your health decisions.
Your habits, likes and dislikes which is your personal taste are both (pick one; internal or external) factors that influenece your health decisions.
The Underwriters Laboratory monitors the _________ of electrical appliances.
The various methods of communitcating information.
Television, radio, newspapers, magazines, and the internet are all forms of ________.
A company's or store's written agreement to repair a product or refund your money should the product not function properly.
Written or spoken edia message designed to interest consumers in purchasing a product or service.
Method of judging the benefits of different products by comparing several factors, such as quality, features, and cost.
List the 6 things to consider (criteria) when you evaluate products and services.
- Cost - price
- Features - what is useful and desirable to you
- Quality - how well-made it is
- Warranty - what does it cover
- Safety - has it passed gov. inspections
- Recommendations - from trusted familty and friends
A product-safety testing and certification organization. Their label is on electrical appliances and fire extinguishers and indicate that it passed strict safety standards.
Underwriters Laboratory (UL)
This organization monitors safety standards for helmets and other protective equipment.
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and
- Snell (a nonprofit foundation)
Where do you find info about a product's ingredients, intended use, directions for use, precautions and warnings, manufacturer's info, and the amount in the container.
Using the Internet to buy products and services.
Three things to remeber about online shopping.
- Price - usually cheaper
- Convenience - delivered to your door
- Product information - can only look at a picture, can't try it out in person
List the 6 consumer rights.
- The right to safety - the product should not harm you
- The right to choose - big selection at competitive prices
- The right to be informed - right to truthful information
- The right to be heard - can help make the laws that govern buying and selling.
- The right to have problems corrected - you should be able to get your money back (compensation) if you've been treated badly.
- The right to consumer education - you can learn the skills to help make wise choices.
All the medical care available to a nation's people, the way they receive care, and the method of payment.
health care system
Medical doctors who provide physical checkups and general care, as well as school nurses and dentists.
primary care physicians
Medical doctors trained to handle particular kinds of patients or medical conditions.
Doctor who specializes in allergies.
Doctor who specializes in skin diseases.
Dr. who specializes in care of female reproductive system.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview