The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Increased ICP does what to the Medulla?
- pushes on the Medulla, so it gets screwy
- BP ↑
- HR ↓
ICP BVM speed?
1 to 5 until you see eyes are non-pearl too
- It mimics sympathetics
- Cocaine etc
- Stimulate parasympathetic pathway
- Blocks parasympathetic pathway
- So you cant return back to homeostasis
- HR ↑
- BP ↑
- Everything ↑
Ischemic Stroke vs Hemorrhagic Stroke?
- IS: Most common
- HS: Least common
- IS: Atherosclerosis or tumor within brain
- HS: Cerebral aneurysms, AV malformations, HTN
- IS: Slow onset
- HS: Abrupt onset
- IS: Long history of vessel disease
- HS: Stress or exertion
- IS: Valvular heart disease and atrial fibrillation
- HS: Cocaine and other sympathomimetics
- IS: Hx of angina, previous strokes
- HS: May be asymptomatic before rupture
- LLR: Traps air in the right atrium
- Trendelenburg position
PID versus Ectopic Pregnancy?
GI/GU pain transport position?
Supine with knees raised - hurts less.
MS Contin is?
Stage and wait?
- Park round the corner and wait
- In dangerous scenes
Cyanosis around the mouth
Hypothermia pulse check?
check for pulse 30 – 60 seconds