Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the subclasses in Class; Amphibia?
- 1. Labryinthodonts
- 2. Anthracosauria
- 3. Temnospondyli
- 4. Ichthyosteglia
- 5. Lissamphibia
What are the charactersistics of Class: Amphibia?
- 1. Earliest adaptations for life were probably adaptations to get across land to more water.
- 2. Begin a shift from gills to lungs, swimming to walking.
- 3. Lungs and skin used for respiration.
- 4. Heart with two atria and one ventricle.
- 5. Some develop to live on land but most return to reproduce.(eggs laid in water or moist habitat)
What are the characteristics of Subclass : Labyrinthodonts?
Had teeth with infolded enamel; were the first land vertebrates.
What class gave rise to the rest of vertebrates?
What are the characteristics of subclass Temnopondyli?
They are a diverse semi-aquatic group.
What subclass was comprised of the earliest amphibians (Teatrapods)?
Which subclass is comprised of modern amphibians?
What are the three orders in Subclass Lissamphibia?
- 1. Order Anura
- 2. Order Urodela
- 3. Order Apoda
What animals are in order Anura?
What characteristics do they have?
Frogs and toads.
- - Lose tails as adults
- - Have vocal chords
- - Caudal vertebrae fused to form the urostyle
What animals are in order Urodela?
What are there characteristics?
- -Keep tail throughout life
- -No vocal chords
What animals ate in order Apoda?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview