Anatomy Exam 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the location of the Greater Splanchnics. Where do they synapse?
- Enters abdomen through Aortic opening
- Synapse in celiac ganglion
Describe the location of the Lesser Splanchnics. Where do they Synapse?
- Tn10 - Tn11
- Surrounded by the Diaphragm
- Synapse in the Superior Mesenteric Ganglion
Describe the location of the Lowest Splanchnic. Where does it synapse?
- Surrounded by the diaphragm
- Synapse in the Aorticorenal Ganglion
Name the Branches of the Internal Thoracic Artery.
- Anterior intercostal arteries (11)
- Periocardiophrenic artery
- Musculophrenic artery
- Superior epigastric artery
Name the Structures located at the sternal angle.
- Costal Cartilage of rib 2
- Lower border of thoracic vertebra 4
- Bifurication of trachea
- Ligamentum arteriosum
- Left recurrent Laryngeal nerve
- Superficial and deep cartiac plexuses
- Begining and End of the Aorti Arch
Name the Blood Vessels in the Descending Thoracic Aorta.
- Posterior intercostals (2-11)
- Subcostal (12)
- Bronchial artery
- Pericardial artery
- Mediastinal artery
- Esophageal Artery
- Superior Phrenic Artery
Name the Blood Vessels in the Ascending Aorta.
Discuss the Thymus Gland. Location, Blood Supply, etc.
- Located in Superior and Anterior Mediastinum
- Lies anterior to the brachiocephalic veins
- Blood Supply from Thyroid Artery
- It begins to involute at puberty
Name the structures located in the Posterior Mediastinum
- Thoracic aorta
- Azygos System
- Thoracic Duct
- Vagus Nerve
- Splanchnic nerves
- NOT THE SYMPATHETIC CHAIN
Name the Structures in the Right Atrium.
- Fossa Ovalis
- Limbus of Fossa Ovalis
- Opening of Tricuspid Valve
- Opening of Coronary Sinus
- Opening of Superior and Inferior Vena Cava
- Openings of Anterior Cardiac Veins
Name the Structures in the Right Ventricle
- Tricuspid Valve
- Pulmonary Trunk
- Papillary Muscles
- Chordae Tendineae
What is the Chordae Tendineae?
What are their functions?
- Attach the cusps to the papillary muscles and their functions are
- Prevent eversion of valves during ventricular contraction
- Prevent back flow of blood into Atrium
Right coronary artery from ascending Aorta
- Sinoatrial artery
- Right Anterior/Posterior atrioventricular branch
- conal artery to the conus arteriosus
- Right Posterior descending interventricular branch
The Pulminary and aortic valves contain
- Fibrous Ring
- (No papillary muscles or chordae tendinae)
Left Coronary Artery from ascending Aorta
- Left Circumflex artery
- Left anterior descending interventricular artery
- Left posterior interventricular ascending artery
- Branch to left atrium
Anastosomes of the coronary arteries
- About the Conus Arteriosus
- Anterior/Posterior Interventricular Septum
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview