Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the the general characteristics of class: Reptilia?
- 1. Fully terrestrial
- 2. Developed amniote (Cleidoic) egg in which the embryo has extraembryonice membranes and a relatively relatively impermeable shell.
What are the membrane names and functions?
- 1. yolk- involved in nutririon
- 2. allantois- waste removal
- 3. amnion- protection and moisture
- 4. chorion- respiration
What are the four subclasses in class: Reptilia?
- 1. Anapsida2. Testudinata3. Diapsida4. Synapsida
What does the word Anapsida mean?
What subclass gave rise to other reptiles?
What is the order that is found in subclass Anapsida?
What animals does order Cotylosauria contain?
Stem reptiles, much like amphibians.
What subclass was once and order within Anapsida?
What animal is found in subclass Testudinata and what special structures does if have?
Turtle - Its ribs are modified to make carapace; no teeth, just a sharp horny beak; girdles inside ribs.
What does the word Diaspsida mean?
What are the four infraclasses in subclass Diapsida?
- 1. Lepidosauria
- 2. Archosauria
- 3. Ichthyosauria
- 4. Sauropterygia
What are the two orders found in infraclass Lepidosauria?
- 1. Rhyncocephalia2. Squamata
What genus is found in order Rhyncocephalia?
What are its characteristics?
Sphenodon : teeth fused to jaw; abdominal ribs
What are the three suborders found in order Squamata?
What animals are found in each?
- 1. Sauria : Lizards
- 2. Serpentes : Snakes
- 3. Amphisbaenia : Amphisbaenians
What are the characteristics of infraclass Archosauria?
ruling reptiles; these are advanced diapsids.
What are the five orders in infraclass Archosauria?
What animals are found in them?
- 1. Thecodontia : Ancestral archosaurs
- 2. Crocodilia : Crocodiles, aligators
- 3. Pterosauria : flying reptiles
- 4. Saurischia : reptile like dinosaurs; gave rise to birds
- 5. Ornithischia : bird like dinosaurs; went extinct
What animals are found in infraclass Ichthyosauria?
Ichthyosaurs (fish shaped reptiles)
What are the animals found in infraclass Sauropterygia?
What are the orders found in subclass Synapsida?
What are there characteristics?
- 1. Pelycosauria : primitive synapsids
- 2. Therapsida : modern synapsids, gave rise to mammals
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview