The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 5w's and "h" questions?
What are the 3 ways to form questions and titles and headings.
- use the 5w's
- ask more than one question
- Think about the relationship between the headings
What the reading is about is called the?
When the topic ansd main idea are statted in the same sentence in a paragraph, what is it called?
How do you identify the authors point ?
- By idnetifying the
- Main idea
- Topic sentence
What is the implied main idea?
- is not stated directly
- it is suggested
What are the questions you use to identify a implied main idea?
- What the reading is about
- What details lead to authors point
- What do the details have in common
Whats the diff beween minor and major details?
- major-directly support the topic sentence
- minor-provide extra details about majoring supporting details.
The topic sentence is the sentence that has the main idea and topic .
What is the main idea?
Is the point the author is trying to get across.