The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
external demands of stress
efforts to deal with stress
BAD STRESS= MORE DAMAGE
THREE AXIS 1 diagnosis
- adjustment disorder
- acute stress disorder
- post tramatic stress disorder
severity, key and time in which they occur
factors predisposing a person to stress
- Bcus ppl are uniqure, no thwo people are faced with exactly the same pattern of stressors
- some more than others, coping skills, resources, individual charactersitics, optimisism, underlying genetic differences, amount of stress, stress tolerance, perception
refers to a persons ability to withstand stress without becoming seriosuly impaired.
CHARACTERISITCS OF STRESS ; THINK ANXIETY
- how closely it affects our lives
- hot expected it is
- how controllable it is
which events more likey to place a person under severe stress?
- unanticipated event.
Crisis VS Stress
crisis overwhelms a persons ability to cope
life changes, even positive ones, may b stressful and trigger_______.
- disorders; bipolar
- faster life changes;morestress
Rating Scale for Stress
Social Readjustment Rating Scale
Yes but not always,depends on the stress
Interview based approach
Life Event and Difficulty Schedule
Body undergoes biological changes; two distinct systems are:
- SAM system- flight or fright response-hypothalmus
- HPA system- hypothalmus releases a hormones including cortisol
If not shut of..cortisol can damage (hippo loses brain cells)
brain cells in the hippocampus
Biological cost of adapting to stress is called