Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
external demands of stress
efforts to deal with stress
BAD STRESS= MORE DAMAGE
THREE AXIS 1 diagnosis
- adjustment disorder
- acute stress disorder
- post tramatic stress disorder
severity, key and time in which they occur
factors predisposing a person to stress
- Bcus ppl are uniqure, no thwo people are faced with exactly the same pattern of stressors
- some more than others, coping skills, resources, individual charactersitics, optimisism, underlying genetic differences, amount of stress, stress tolerance, perception
refers to a persons ability to withstand stress without becoming seriosuly impaired.
CHARACTERISITCS OF STRESS ; THINK ANXIETY
- how closely it affects our lives
- hot expected it is
- how controllable it is
which events more likey to place a person under severe stress?
- unanticipated event.
Crisis VS Stress
crisis overwhelms a persons ability to cope
life changes, even positive ones, may b stressful and trigger_______.
- disorders; bipolar
- faster life changes;morestress
Rating Scale for Stress
Social Readjustment Rating Scale
Yes but not always,depends on the stress
Interview based approach
Life Event and Difficulty Schedule
Body undergoes biological changes; two distinct systems are:
- SAM system- flight or fright response-hypothalmus
- HPA system- hypothalmus releases a hormones including cortisol
If not shut of..cortisol can damage (hippo loses brain cells)
brain cells in the hippocampus
Biological cost of adapting to stress is called
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview