The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Standard overhead rejoin at unattended aerodrome (6 Steps)
1. Make radio call at 10nm to all aerodrome traffic or AFIS Wanganui Traffic, TRA86, 10nm north of field, intention to join overhead
2. Maintain 500ft AGl above circuit height. Look for wind direction, circuit direction, traffic and ground signals. NB all turns must be in direction of circuit.
3. Make overhead radio call Wanganui Traffic, TRA86, overhead field 1500ft.
4. Descend to circuit height on non-traffic side. Radio call Wanganui Traffic, TRA86 descending non-traffic side to runway XX.
5. Pass upwind end of runway allowing aircraft taking off to fly underneath.
6. Sequence with existing aircraft and make downwind call Wanganui Traffic, TRA86 downwind RW__, land.
Comms failure returning to OH VMC (4 steps)
- 1. Carry out idiot checks
- a. check helmet plugged in
- b. check volume on selected radio
- c. try another radio box and or frequency
- d. check comms circuit breakers
Try listening out on the ATIS frequency and if ATC pick-up you have comms failure they may broadcast instructions on the ATIS.
Transmit intentions BLIND.
Maintain SVFR or VFR as required.
- If unable to contact ATC, another AC, PTS OPS then continue in accordance with NORDO procedures.A nordo consists of:
- 2. Squawk 7600, and plan return to base in accordance with SOPs and BSOs.
(Foxtrot, maintain 1200ft and remain NE of SH3 between Lake Alice and Bulls)
(OM, Transit 1500ft but not below 1200ft)
3. Join downwind into the taxiway circuit at 1200ft. Conduct a thorough lookout to identify and sequence with any other circuit traffic.
4. Lookout for visual signals from tower. If no signals, land off next approach and clear landing area ASAP.
disturbed air left behind an aircraft that as experienced as turbulence by a following aircraft.
- Factors affecting wake turbulence:
- 1. Aircraft Mass
- 2. Aircraft Size
- 3. Wing Loading
- 4. Angle of attack
- 5. Flap position
- 6. Size of aircraft following
- 7. Wind
- 1. WHere pilot considers seperation insufficient, up to pilot to request increased seperation
- 2. Responsibility of pilot-in-charge to avoid wake turb
- Factors to be considered for avoiding wake turbulence:
- 1. Vorticies tend to drift downwards and spread outwards.
- 2. in calm winds, stay on centreline
- 3. in cross winds, approach and land upwind.
- 6 avoidance factors:
- 1. Landing-Landing: stay above flight path and land past touchdown point
- 2. Landing-takeoff: land before rotation
- 3. Takeoff-landing: Rotate after touchdown point, (after main wheels)
- 4. Takeoff-Takeoff: be airborne well before rotation or rotate after.
- 5. Takeoff-Cross: airborne well before or well after intersection
- 6. Landing-Cross: land well before intersection or well over flightpath.
- Arriving Same runwaya380, heavy medium. 433
- Departing Same runway, or arriving departing oposite direction, or cross runwaya380, heavy medium 322.
OH 5NM, 15NM. 285 Radial. Lake alice to marton, up 333R. 2nd set of powerlines.
Class G airspace
Max number 7
- OHtoF - climb between 1500-2500, remain SW side of SH3 between bulls and lake alice. Auto change to OH Terminal 123.2 @ LA.
- FtoOH - maintain 1200ft, NE SH3 between LA and bulls.
- O: OH5nm, 15nm, 3nmcoastline, 255R and 285R
- M:OH5nm, OH12NM, 255R and 202R
sea 5000/2000, land 5000/1500
Transit 1500ft not below 1200ft.
OH4nm, Coastline, 185R, 285R. CLFA N,C, S split by Raumai range and Rangatikei river (approx 255 and 202)
Class D CTR
Max 6, 2 per sector
Special clearance to transit below 1000ft.
Flight Rules and cruising levels
Above FL290, 2000ft separation between IFR, unless RVSM airspace where equipment meets certain accuracy.
1000 ft separation between IFR IFR, VFR VFR.
- North (270-089)
- South (90- 269)
- 1. Set aerodrome QNH
- 2. 13000ft set QNE
- 3. Descending through FL150, set aerodrome or area QNH
NB min cruising altitude 3000ft
- Below 13000ft:
- 1. Set aerodrome QNH
- 2. Set Area QNH during climb
- 3. Set aerodrome QNH during descent
NB FL150 may not be used as cruising level if QNH is 980 hPa or less