- 1. Carry out idiot checks
- a. check helmet plugged in
- b. check volume on selected radio
- c. try another radio box and or frequency
- d. check comms circuit breakers
Try listening out on the ATIS frequency and if ATC pick-up you have comms failure they may broadcast instructions on the ATIS.
Transmit intentions BLIND.
Maintain SVFR or VFR as required.
- If unable to contact ATC, another AC, PTS OPS then continue in accordance with NORDO procedures.A nordo consists of:
- 2. Squawk 7600, and plan return to base in accordance with SOPs and BSOs.
(Foxtrot, maintain 1200ft and remain NE of SH3 between Lake Alice and Bulls)
(OM, Transit 1500ft but not below 1200ft)
3. Join downwind into the taxiway circuit at 1200ft. Conduct a thorough lookout to identify and sequence with any other circuit traffic.
4. Lookout for visual signals from tower. If no signals, land off next approach and clear landing area ASAP.