What would we like you to be able to do by the end of this course?
- – Genetic mutation
- – Environmental heterogeneity and change (e.g. climate, plate tectonics)
- – Development of more complex structures within organisms (e.g. nuclear membrane, multicellularity, vascular system)
- – Colonisation of novel habitats (e.g. land surfaces)
- – Organism effects on environment (e.g. O2in the atmosphere)
- – Interactions among organisms (e.g. symbioses, pathogenesis, competition for limiting resources)
- – Development of more complex reproductive systems (e.g. diploidy, alternation of generations, sexual reproduction)