HD test 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- *Annunaki- aliens
- * 2 & 3 Chromosome combined
- *Oldest written language
worth of human dignity, concerns, capabilities, rationality
- Seeks to understand how and why people change/ stay the same over time.
- What are the factors that promote/ inhibit maximizing human functioning & potential?
Emperical- based on observations, experience, or experiments; not simply theoretical.
All kinds of people
Connections between change & time
Change/ remain the same over time.
5 Characteristics of Development
Change occurs in every direction. Not straight line. Gains & losses, predictable growth & unexpected transformations are evident
- Many contexts- history, economic, family
- Cohort- same history and cultural shifts
- Socioeconomic Status SES- class
- Micro- Immediate
- Exo- local (school/ church)
- Macro-Large social settings
- Chrono- historical
- Meso- Connection between systems
- Ethnic-share language & region
- Race- genetic
- Income level
- Culture- patterns from 1 generation to next, a resource of current life/ social group
more on shared perceptions than on objective reality
- Biosocial Dev.- Body, genetics
- Cognitive Dev.-Thinking/Speech
- Psychosocial Dev.- Personality/Social skills
- Mass Comm.
- Traits molded
- Durability of identity
- Dev. Hypothesis
- Test " "- make observations/ experiment/ survey/ case study
- Make available
Cross Sectional Research
Not smae age, other similarities
Dev. ass. of same people over time
Cross Sequential research
Cross sectional + longitudal research
- Qualitative + quantitative
- implications of research
- 15-30 300 mil/day
- 30-50 230 " "
- 50-75 50 " "
- 1% fertilizers
- !6% blockers
- 83% search and destroy
- 100,000 at birth
- 30,000 at puberty
- 300-400 ripen menstrual
- True- both genetalia XX/XY/XO
- Female Pseudo- XX overproduce testosterone. Progesterine drugs in utero
- Male Pseudo- XY doesn't respond to androgen produced.
Fused Chromosome cause
Stages of prenatal dev.
- Germinal- 0-14 days Zygote
- Embryonic- week 3-8 Embryo
- Fetal- week 9-birth Fetus
Principles of Prenatal Dev.
- Mass to Specific
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview