GIS 201 chapter 14
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 3 types of geodatabases?
What are the characteristics of a personal geodatabase?
- Designed for use by individuals or small workgroups
- Stored in a single Microsoft Access file
- Limited to 2 GB in size
- Works only in the Windows operating system
What are the characteristics of a file geodatabase?
- Designed for use by individuals and small workgroups
- Each data set stored as a separate file within a system folder
- Limited to 1 terabyte in size
- Works with different operating systems
What are the characteristics of an SDE geodatabase?
- Designed for many users or large workgroups
- Stores GIS data within one of several commercial RDBMSs (such as Oracle, SQLServer, or IBM Informix)
- AKA organizational databases or enterprise GIS
- Requires a software package called the Arc Spatial Database Engine (ArcSDE) to translate geographic data into a consistent and customized format in the large database.
What is a feature dataset?
A collection of related feature classes with the same coordinate system.
What is the database schema?
The design and structure of a database, incl. the datasets and feature classes, the fields in the tables, the standalone tables, the relationships between them, and other objects.
What are the 2 components of the spatial reference?
Domain and resolution.
What are the 2 types of domains?
- Range (specifies the lowest and highest possible values but allows anything in between)
- Coded (allows only certain specific values)
What are the 3 types of split policy?
- Default (both split feature attributes contain the default value established for that field)
- Duplicate (both features retain the value of the original feature)
- Geometry Ratio (new value is assigned based on the relative size of the original and split features)
What are subtypes?
Formal classes of features within a layer.
What is annotation?
A feature class that stores labels.
With feature-linked annotation, will deleting the feature delete the annotation?
Yes, and vice versa.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview