Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what proper identification should be crried when leaving the country
passport birth certificate, citizenship card, certificate of indin statues
what procedure can you take advantage of when travelling abroad with valuable items
CBSA identifiction services & stickers -form 738 indentification of articles for temporary exportation
what suggested if you travel with jewellry that has any value
Travel with as little as possble obtainian apprasal & photos written certification, bring report to CBSA
what are some of the goods thta are restricted from being brought back into Canada, without proper consultation or Authorization
firearms, weapons, fireworks, food, animals
why are there restictions on bringing back into canada plants, animals ect
items could carry bacteria & contaminants
restrictions on the sale trade or movement of endangered species -examples
- sea otter
- american bisen
- polar bear skin
- elephant tusks
- snake skin
- trutle shells
what does the term DUTIES mean
Can include excise taxes & the HST does not include provincial or territorial sales tax.
After absence of 24hrs or more
$50 no Alcohol or Tobacco
After n absence of 48hr or more
$400 some Alchol or tobacco
After an absence of 7dys or more
$750 alcohol or Tobacco
what quantity of tobacco products are you allowed to bring into Canada and during what time frame.
all-with personal exeption 200 cigarettes 50 cigars 200 grams of manufactred tobacco, 200 tobacco sticks
what quantity of alcholic beverages are you allowed to bring back
one of the following--1.51 liters of wine 1.14 litres of alcohol & liquor. 24-355 milliliters cans bottels beer-ale
what are the regultions in reagrds to sending gifts back to friends in Canada.
not be more thaan $60 , no tobacco, Alchol or advertising.
upon your return to Canada, what are you expected to declare
all goods acquired while outside Canada gifts prizes award or purchases.
There are certain custom procedures to be followed when arriving into a mejor airport. what are two formalities that could happen.
- decleration form
- more detailed insepection
what haappens if goods re not declared or falsely declared.
CBSA can seize goods fee to get them back
What may happen to the Vehicle that has unlawfully imported the goods.
must pay penalty to get it back
prohibited goods such as
- obsene material
- hate propagranda
- child porn
travelling with medication
- Keep in original labeled bottels
- fly with medications in your carry on
Tired feeling that occurs after long- distance travel. physical reaction to rapid change in time zones.
causes of jet leg
- Lack of sleep
- unfamilair foods
- recycled air
symptoms of jet leg
- swollen limbs and eyes
- a viral infection of the liver, found world wide
- transmitted by food water
transmitted through infected blood and other body fluids
- infection of bowel and blood.
- found world wide.
- transmitted through hepatitis A
- spread through not heated or boil point food or water
- fever and vomitting
- two injections- one week apart good for 6 months
- Fever, jaundice and vomitting
- Bacterial infection of the Coverings of the Brain
- Transmitted by coughing
- found in certain are world-wide
- Sub-Saharan Africa
West nile Virus
- Fever, muscle weakness, stiff neck, confusin, severe headache, sudden sensitivity to light
- use repellents with Deet
Travel counselors must check for their clients
- recent health regulations
- latest H-R of any counrty the client will travel enroute
- Latest canadian health requirements for returning from the countries destination
Type of notice -level of concern-In order
- In the news
- outbreak notice
- trave health precaution
- travel health warning
The term -SCOPE
The size, magnitude and rapidity of spread of an outbreak.
- rememeber to drink
food and water precuations
- water and beverages that have been boiled
- wash hands frequently with soap and water
- brush teeth with botteled water
- most common illness affecting travellers
- ingeasted of food and water
- SYMPTOMS-abdominal cramping. bloating, fever, urgency and malaise
preventing travellers diarrhea
- boil it
- cook it
- peel it
- or forget it
Person ust visiting the country (a vaction traveller) no business activity can be undertaken
is similar to a visa, beacuse it serves as permission to enter into from a foreign country
Difference tourist Visa and Card.
- is issued in the form of a separate document, instead of a rubber-stamp impression.
- Mexican tourist Card
What customs services do
- Enforcing immigration laws
- eliminating drugs
Free of taxes at the place of purchace