Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Chromosome 21 is repeated (you have a triplet of it
- About 25% of children with Down Syndrome have heart defects at birth
- Many have congenital intestinal disorders, hearing defects and other illnesses
- Extra time must be allowed for obtaining a history and for performing assessment and patient care procedures
- Usually calm around familiar faces.
- may become violent around strangers if they feel uncomfortable
Types of Cerebral Palsy
- Spastic paralysis: Produces abnormal stiffness and contraction of muscle groups
- Athetosis: Produces involuntary writhing movements
- Ataxia: Produces loss of coordination and balance.
- Hearing defects, epilepsy and other CNS disorders are commonly present with the disease
- Is a general term for non-progressive disorders of movement and posture
- Results from damage to the fetal brain during later pregnancy to early childhood (including birth trauma)
- Causes unusual or decreased muscle tone
MICS is lead by the?
START Utilizes a 60 second assessment that focuses on:
- A RPMs
- Ability to walk
- Respiratory Effort
- Mentation/ Neurological Status
Always ALWAYS do 30:2 compressions no matter what age they are
So CPR is different from choking!
- 1: Child unconscious Choking: 30:2
- 2: Blockage pops out
- 3: Child unconscious CPR: 15:2
compressions on child CPR if there's two of you?
- 15 to 2
- Do 10 cycles (2 minutes) - basically they are getting the same # of compressions, but they need extra air
- If there's only 1 of you, you do 30:2
AED under one year old?
Cant use it
What color will Neurogenic shock make your pt?
- Pale on top, pale, cool, clammy
- Pink below, pink, warm, dry
- This is always flail chest
- 1. Hand stabilize
- 2. Finish the rest:
- 3. Any retractions?
- 4. Barrel chestedness?
- 5. Auscultate
- 6. TIC
- 7. FIX IT
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview