The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Improve data quality, obtain in-depth information about each subject. Want to minimize the number of things we examine or maximize the quality of our examination of those things we do examine.
- Generalize the population to make better changes to society
When is sampling unecessary?
- When the number of things we want to sample is small
- Data is easily accessible
- Data is unaffected by what we look at
What is an example of Sampling Frame?
An example of a sampling frame is a list of High School students
What is an example of elements/sample units in a sample?
The High School students name
What is an example of unit of analysis?
Once I have chosen a High School students name and am going to survey that student it becomes the unit of analysis.
What does Probability mean?
- Every element of a population has a chance of being included.
- Also random sampling
- Less likely to be biased
What does Nonprobability mean?
- Not every member of the population has a chance of being studied
- Selected group
What are 3 types of Sampling Errors?
What does coverage error mean?
- The people that are left out
- When results are different between the sampling frame and the target population
- Example: not everyone has a phone, those without will be excluded from the sample but not on purpose.
What is a Nonresponce error?
- When people do not answer the survey
- No data can be collected from the individual
What is Sample Error?
- Difference between the characteristics of a sample and the charactertics of the population from which the sample is drawn
- Sampling Variability: Variability in sample stat occurs when different samples are drawn from the same population
What are the types of Probability Sampling?
- Simple Random
What is Simple Random Sampling?
- Write names on a paper and draw from hat
- Use the number chart to pick people by the number
What is Sampling Distribution?
- The distribution of a sample statistic
- Distribution of any statistic tends to be around the population parameter, especially as the sample gets bigger (the more accurate)