The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name 3 purposes of Nursing Diagnosis
- 1. To analyze and synthesize information
- 2. Provides a framework for a nursing care plan
- 3. Identifies strengths that the client has to draw on
Name the 3 components of a Nursing Diagnosis
- 1. Problem- a concise description
- 2. Related faxctors (etiology)- cause of the problem, etiology, contributing or risk factors, is the 'related to' (RT)
- 3. Signs and Symptoms- defining characteristics of the problem, data gathered during the assessment, is the 'as evidenced by' (AEB)
Name this type of nursing diagnosis.... The person has the problem, clinically balidated by major defining charateristics, has all three components.
Name this type of Nursing Diagnosis....There is evidence that the client could develop the problem but no signs or symptoms yet; compare your patient's risk factors with the related factors; has two components (no S&S); some diagnosis can onlybe used as risk factors for (injury, infection).
Name this type of Nursing Diagnosis...the person has the limited education regarding the problem
Name this type of Nursing Diagnosis...This type of diagnosis is useful and efficient way to describe a complex problem without documenting each component fo the problem as a distinc nursing diagnosis, compare your patient's signs and symptoms with the related factors and defining charateristics of the syndrome diagnosis you suspect; only one component stating they syndrome; only a few approved by NANDA
What are 3 approved Syndrome Diagnosis
- 1. Rape trauma syndrome
- 2. Relocation stress syndrome
- 3. Risk for disuse syndrome
Name this type of Nursing Diagnosis...Compare patient statements for desired to improve Health with the defining characteristics; only one component
Wellness Nursing Diagnosis
What is an appropriate method to use when writing the 'related to' part of a diagnostic statement?
Identify major related factors that the nurse can address independently, If needed add "secondary to" to clarify other related factors
When NANDA uses the word "specify" in parenthesis, what is it asking?
- It means you should be specific and add the necessary descriptive words to be sure the dianosis is clear.
- EXAMPLE; Impaired skin integrity (specify) would be IMPAIRED SACRAL SKIN INTEGRITY
What are 3 listed errors to avoid when writing nursing diagnosis?
- 1. Don't write the diagnostic statement in such a way that it may be legally incriminanting
- 2. Don't rename a medical problem to make it sound like a nursing diagnosis
- 3. Don't make a nursing diagnosis out of a physician's order or a collaborative problem
What are 3 puposes of outcomes for nursing diagnosis?
- 1. Measure of your plan of care
- 2. Directs intervention/nursing actions
- 3. Are motivation factors- when you have a specific time frame
What are 4 principles of outcomes for nursing diagnosis?
- 1. Derived from a single nursing diagnosis - (note the words before the 'related to' section)*1diagnosis - 1 outcome.
- 2. Patient (or client) centered - always begin with 'patient will...' or 'client will...' or 'resident will...'
- 3. OBservable- nurse should be able to determine through observation if change has taken place.
- 4. Measurable - ask yourself if you would be able to tell whether the goal was met, this first section of the statement describes an improvement, control or absence of a problem.
Time.....early expected benefits from nursing interventions ( usually within a week)
Time...Benefits expected to be seen at certain point in time after the plan has been implemented (usually weeks to months)