HEALTH CHP 4 - LSN 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The ability to carry out daily tasks easily and have enough reserve energy to respond to unexpected demands.
Any form of movementthat causes your body to use energy.
Physical activity contributes to the functioning of many body systems, including the following: (3 things)
- cardiovascular system
- respiratory system
- nervous system
Which system in your body does physical activity strengthen the heart muscle.
Regular physical activity strengthens this system that helps you breath more efficiently.
Physical activity helps improve your reaction time which is this bodily system.
Physical activity benefits your mental/emotional health in these three ways.
- helps you look and feel better
- contributes to a positive self-concept
- reduces mental fatigue/think clearer
- have a "can-do" spirit
Physical activity helps your social health with these three things.
- builds self-confidence
- learn to interact and cooperate with
- helps you manage stress
List the three troubling facts about the level of physical activity among U.S. high school students.
- 1. More than 1 in 3 teens (33%) do not participate in vigorous physical activity (20 min. 3 times a week.)
- 2. Regulary participation in vigourous physical activity during the teen years declines from 73% of 9th graders to 61% of 12th graders.
- 3. Only 29% of teens attend a daily physical ed class.
Way of life that involves little physical activity.
List four negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle.
- 1. unhealthful weight gain
- 2. increased risk of osteoporisis
- 3. reduced ability to manage stress
- 4. decreased opportunity to meet
A serious disorder that prevents the body from converting food into energy.
A condition characterized by a decrease in bone density, producing porous and fragile bones.
Instead of taking an elevator or escalator . . .
take the stairs
Instead of playing video or computer games. . .
play soccer, basketball, or tennis
Instead of getting a ride to a friends's house. . .
walk, skate, or ride your bike there.
Instead of using a shopping cart . . .
carry groceries to the car.
Instead of watching TV or taking a nap . . .
garden or mow the lawn.
Instead of taking the car through a car wash . . .
wash the car yourself.
The process by which your body gets energy from food.
Health professionals recommend that teens incorporate ____ minutes of moderate physical activity into their daily lives.
60 (includes any activity that gets you moving: walk or bike to school or organize a basketball game with your friends.)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview