Chpt. 13 Fluid and Electrolytes
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
To keep conditions as close to normal as possible
The body's way to control mechanisms to prevent dangerous changes
ECF or Extracellular Fluid
- The fluid that is found outside of the cells
- About 1/3 of the total body water
- Includes interstitial fluid
- (fluid between cells, sometimes called the third space.
- Includes blood, lymph, bone, and connective tissue water; and
- the transcellular fluids
ICF and Intracellular Fluid
- The fluid inside the cells
- Contains about 2/3 of the total body water
Water portion of the fluids
The particles dissolved or suspended in the water
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview