The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Who is the guiding spirit of our fraternity?
Bohumil "Boh" Markovsky
Who were the founding brothers of A Chapter?
- Iron Hawethorne Nelson
- William Coppedge
- A. Frank Martin
- Clayton Soule
- Raymond D. Shannon
- Carl A. Stevens
- Asher Hendrickson
- William Scroggs
- Dick Hurst
- Clyde Haston
List the national officers and offices
- National President - Adam Cantley
- National Vice President for Colonization and Membership - Christine Beason
- National Vice President for Programs - Jack Lee
- national Vice President for Student Affairs - Adam Bates
- National Vice President for Professional Relations - Travis J. Cross
- Immediate Past National President - Derrick Mills
Name the Districts
- North Central
- North East
- South East
- South West
What is our District?
Who is the district govenor?
- Dr. Hubert Toney
- Marie Burleigh
List the Distric Offices and Officers
- President - Christopher Carpenter
- Vice President - Curtis Sample-Hawkins
- Secretary/Treasurer - Meghan Bowers
- District Member at Large - Yvonne Daye
- District Historical Archivist and Alumni Liasion - Steven Colella
List all the chapters in our precinct
- Delta Omicron - Conneticut
- Epislon Nu - U Mass
- Epislon Upsilon - Maine
- Eta Phi - Syracuse
- Theta Beta - BU
- Theta Upsilon - Rhode Island
- Iota Upsilon - UNH
- Kappa Eta - SUNNY at Buffalo
- Kappa Upsilon - Marist
- Lambda Nu - Sacred Heart
When did we recieve our charter?
March 29, 1984
Who are the founding brothers of our chapter?
- 1. Dominador F. Coloyan "Phlegm"
- 2. Blonde Eric Johnson "Totowa/Pinhead"
- 3. R. Todd Palumbo "Potato Chip"
- 4. T. Anthony Cyrus "Mauna Loa"
- 5. Daniel Fishbein "Filet"
- 6. Ken Trefethen "Barbie/Kip Tarara"
- 7. Frank Defiore "Morning"
- 8. Arra G. Yerganian "GQ"
Who is our big brother Chapter?
U Mass Epislon Nu
Who is our little brother chapter?
Rhode Island Theta Upsilon
Be it known that Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Fraternity for college bandmembers, is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, and for the following several purposes
To promote the existance and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements
to honor outstanding band members through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music
To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste, and unswerving loyalty
To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performace of good music and selection of worthwhile projects
To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent witht eh purposes of the institution at which chapters are located
Write out the greek alphabet
- We the brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi, believe that
- service to the college or university band program fosters responsibility, loyalty, and leadership;
- that a spirit of brotherhood is enhanced by the participation in a band program;
- that music is a universal language and truly the greatest of the arts;
- and that through participation, each member will strive for the highest.