OB test 1- chp 2 def
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- the dynamic organization within the individual of those psychophysical systems that determine his unique adjustments to his envirnment.
- the sum of total of ways in which an individual reacts to and interacts with others.
refers to factors determined at conception
characteristics of exhibited in a lare number of situations
Myers-Briggs TYpe indicator
- most widely used personality assessment instrument
- extrovert vs introvert
- sensing vs intuitive
- thinking vs feeling
- judging vs perceiving
Big 5 personality model
- emotional stability
- openness to experience
people differ in the degree to which they like or dis-like themselves ad whether they see themselves as capable and effective. this self perspective is the concept of cor self-evaluation
refers to an individuals ability to adjust his or her behavior to external situational factors.
Type A personality
people who are excessivley competitive and always seem to be experiencing a high sense of urgency
- people that activley take initiative to improve their current circumstances or create new ones while others sit by passively reacting to situations.
- identify opportunity, show initiative, take action
represent basic conviction that a specific mode of conduct or end-state of existence is personally or socially preferrabel to an opposite or converse mode of conduct or end-state existence.
individuals values ranked in terms of their intensity
refers to desirable end-states
refers to preferable modes of behavior ot means of acheiving the terminal values.
personality job-fit theory
John Holland's theory - effort to match job requirements with personality characteristics
Hofstede's Framework for assessing cultures
- power distance
- individualism vs collectivism
- masculinity vs femininity
- uncertainty vs avoidance
- long-term orientation vs short-term orientation
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview