Card Set Information
Mammals Birds reptiles insect fish
scientific name= common name
p.cnidaria..... cl. hydrozoa
- p platyhelminthes..cl turbellaria
- super p lophotroczoa.. p. bryozoa
.. c. clitellata..s.c.
- lower foothills and c. valley streams.... fresh and brackish...eats insects, plankton.... prey to trout, bass
- streams up in to mixed conifer belt and lower elevations...eat insects... important food for trouts
- foothills & conifers up to 6500ft... in quiet streams ponds and resevoirs....
western fence lizard
- wide spread below 9000ft
- wide spread below 7000ft
- widespread below 7000ft
pied billed grebe
- common below 5000ft eats small fish, insects and plants
Great blue heron
- common in lower footkills along larger rivers.. eats small animal (fish, frog, mouse)
Turkey vulture.. common in lower elevation
- common resident at lakes and parks
- foothills to lower mixed conifers ...along quiet waters....acorns and insects
- quiet waters up to midelevations.... plants in shallow waters
red tailed hawk
- common... eats primarily ground prey
- common in lower elevation but found in subalpine during nonbreeding season...eats insects, rodents, and birds
- common in lower grasslands and foothills in stream side thickets and chaparral
- mountain lakes .. abundant at mono lake
- sparse resident in foothills and chaparral; its lizards, snakes, tarantulas, insect, rodents
- up to mixed conifers.
- common in foothills up to mixed conifers
- mixed conifer up to upper montane belt.... noisy birds.. seeds, nuts, acorns, and insects
- c. valley to upper foothills.
- common and widespread.
Ca ground squirrel-
widespred below 8,000ft
- 5000ft to 11000ft( upper montane and subalpine) eats seeds(living only)
White footed deer mouse
- wide spread
mainly sub alpine belt ... eats plants near rockslides
black tailed jack rabbit
- eats alfalfa, grain and other crops