Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
[DBA Survivor, page 14]
What information does aDBA needs to have?
- a list of database servers
- database backups are running
- restores from backups work
- a list of customers
- the "most important" databases
- recovery plan
[DBA Survivor, page 36]
What are the different kinds of RAID systems and what are their strengths (one of performance, fault tolerance, or redundancy)?
- RAID 0, disk striping gives performance
- RAID 1, mirroring, gives fault tolerance and redundancy
- RAID 5, striping with parity, gives fault tolerance and performance (greater than RAID 1, but less than RAID 0)
- RAID 1+0, mirroring with striping, gives fault tolerance and highest performance of any RAID, but costs more to buy extra disks
[DBA Survivor, page 41]
What are basic needs when it comes to file system storage?
- Placement of database files
- Placement of transaction log files
- Placement of your tempdb database files
- Placement of your database backups
[DBA Survivor, page 43]
What is a SAN?
A Storage Area Network is a RAID array of bundled physical disks that are partitioned out into logical units (LUNs).
[DBA Survivor, page 45]
What is a spindle?
- A SAN administrator's slang for an individual drive that is combined together with other drives to make arrays.
- For example, if there are ten disks in an array and were to build five logical volumes on the ten, each volume would have ten spindles.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview