Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
[DBA Survivor, page 14]
What information does aDBA needs to have?
- a list of database servers
- database backups are running
- restores from backups work
- a list of customers
- the "most important" databases
- recovery plan
[DBA Survivor, page 36]
What are the different kinds of RAID systems and what are their strengths (one of performance, fault tolerance, or redundancy)?
- RAID 0, disk striping gives performance
- RAID 1, mirroring, gives fault tolerance and redundancy
- RAID 5, striping with parity, gives fault tolerance and performance (greater than RAID 1, but less than RAID 0)
- RAID 1+0, mirroring with striping, gives fault tolerance and highest performance of any RAID, but costs more to buy extra disks
[DBA Survivor, page 41]
What are basic needs when it comes to file system storage?
- Placement of database files
- Placement of transaction log files
- Placement of your tempdb database files
- Placement of your database backups
[DBA Survivor, page 43]
What is a SAN?
A Storage Area Network is a RAID array of bundled physical disks that are partitioned out into logical units (LUNs).
[DBA Survivor, page 45]
What is a spindle?
- A SAN administrator's slang for an individual drive that is combined together with other drives to make arrays.
- For example, if there are ten disks in an array and were to build five logical volumes on the ten, each volume would have ten spindles.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview