Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
diazepam valium class
benzodiazepine, anticonvulsant, sedative, tranquilizer
diazepam valium action
- 1. Diazepam potentiates the effects of inhibitory neurotransmitters GABA, hyperpolarising the membrane potential ans raising the seizures threshold in the motor cortex.
- 2. Onset of action is within 1-5 minutes for IVP and immediate for rectal
diazepam valium use
- 1. Drug if choice for seizures.
- 2. Sedation prior to cardioversion of aconscious pt.
diazepam valium side effects
hypotension, reflex tachycardia, respiratory depression, ataxia, psychomotor impairment, confusion, nausea.
diazepam valium contraindications
hypersensitivity to the drug, substance abuse, coma, shock
diazepam valium preparations
- 20mg/ 2ml ampule preload
- 10mg/ 2ml ampule preload
diazepam valium adult dose
IVP only: 2-10mg slowly. repeat 5-15 minutes p.r.n max dose 30mg
diazepam valium pedi dose
- IVP: 0.1-0.2mg/kg slowly. repeat 5-15 minutes p.r.n max dose 20mg
- rectal: 0.5mg/kg flush w/ 2-3ml saline
diazepam valium route
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview