The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Furosemide Lasix class
Furosemide Lasix action
- 1. Decreases preload by vasodilation effects in less than 5 minutes.
- 2. Inhibits electrolyte reabsorption in the distal loop of Henle, and promotes the excretion ofsodium, potassium, hydrogen, magnesium, and chloride to decrease circulating blood volume by its diuretic effect within 5-30 minutes.
Furosemide Lasix use
- 1. Cardiogenic pulmonary edema
- 2. CHF
Furosemide Lasix contraindications
Anuria, hypersensitivity, hypovolemia/dehydration, known hypersensitivity to sulfonamides, states of severe electrlyte depletions.
Furosemide Lasix side effects
- CNS: Dizziness, headache, tinitus, vertigo
- CARDIO: Arrhythmias, hypotension
- GASTRO: Diarrhea, n/v
- OTHER: Hypovolemia, hypokalemia, hyponatremia, metabolic acidosis
Furosemide Lasix Drtug interaction
- 1. Digitalis toxicity may be potentiated due to potassium depletion which can result from furosemide administration.
- 2. Lithium toxicity may be potentiate die to sodium depletion
Furosemide Lasix preparations
- 20mg/ 2ml ampule preload
- 40mg/ 4ml ampule preload
- 100mg/ 10ml vial preload
Furosemide Lasix adult dose
- Pt. taking lasix: 40-80mg
- Pt. not taking lasix: 20-40mg
- may repeat p.r.n to a max of 2mg/kg max 20mg/min
Furosemide Lasix pedi dose
- 1mg/kg slowly. may repeat p.r.n to a max of 2mg/kg
- note: usually not given to pedi in prehospital
Furosemide Lasix route