Bib Lit Part 3: Creation
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What 2 contrasting elements does Genesis 1-11 contain?
- God's orderly creation
- the totally disintegration work of sin
What does the total disintegrating work of sin then require?
How was the election of a people that would serve as the source of blessing for all humanity done?
focusing on one man and his seed
How do see that God's relationship with the human race is broken?
God making a plan of redemption
what are the 4 various views of creation
- gap theory
- theistic evolution
- progressive creationism
- young earth creationism
what is the gap theory?
- there is a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2
- this is where Satan rebells against God and brought sin to earth
young earth creation
- 144 hour creation, 6 days
- the earth is young
- old earth
- natural plus miraculous
- old earth
- only natural minus the miracle at the beginning
what are the 2 components of man's makeup?
- physical element: "from the dust"
- spiritual element: "breath of God"
When the fall happened what 4 relationships were broken?
- relationship with man
- relationship with creation
- relationship with God
- relationship with yourself
How does God respond to sin?
What is God's judgment always accompanied with?
What are the 2 purposes of judgment?
What were the dimensions of the ark
- 450 ft long
- 75 ft wide
- 45 ft deep
- covers one and a half football field
what kind of wood was the ark made with?
cypress covered in pitch
how much did the ark weigh?
how far above the water rise above the mountains?
what are some evidences for the flood?
- earth's crust has massive amounts of layered sediment
- they were once soft but now they're hard
- the sediment has a ton of dead things that were burried very quickly
what do almost all geologists agree about the Grand Canyon?
it was carved by water
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview