Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where was the Archives of the History of American Psychology established and why?
- University of Akron Ohio
- To collect and preserve source materials
Time period of Plato, Aristotle and other Greek philosophers
5th Century BC
John B. Watson
- Founder of Behaviorism school of thought
- Before he died, burned all of his letters, manuscripts and research notes--destroyed all unpublished record.
Research with microscope on bacteria and spermatozoa in 1600s
Learning and memory
- Ernest Jones--first biographer minimized his cocaine use
- Perceptual Development and Learning
- Fought discrimination against women in the sciences
Psychologist who had to work ten years to be taken seriously as a woman in the field.
Urged to change his first name to something "less Jewish" and he refused to do so
First African American to earn a doctorate in psychology
Kenneth and Mamie Clark
- Northside Center for Child Development
- Columbia University PhDs
- African American
- Subjected to racism
- Provided services for to children at the NCCD
- Kenneth was first African American president of the APA
Personalistic Theory of scientific history
achievements and contributions of specific individuals
- the times make the person
- the zeitgeist or conditions make it possible for the person's contributions to be noticed
The Structure of Scientific Revolutions 1970
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview