Pauline Epistles Part 1.txt
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Theme of Galatians
NO OTHER GOSPEL
"If any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed."
IF YOU FEAR MEN, YOU AREN’T SERVING CHRIST
"For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ."
CHRIST LIVES IN ME
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me."
SAVED & SANCTIFIED BY THE GOSPEL
O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?
WALK BY THE SPIRIT & BEAR FRUIT
CHURCH RESTORATION WITH GENTLENESS
"Brethren, even if a man is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, lest you too be tempted."
Theme of Ephesians
- Practice your position
- (your identity)
- GOD HAS FULLY BLESSED US IN CHRIST
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.
- GOD’S CHOICE FOR GOD’S GLORY
- He chose us in him before the foundation of the world…he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ…In him we have redemption…In him we have obtained an inheritance…In him you also were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit…to the praise of his glory.
- FROM DEAD TO SAVED BY GRACE (GOSPEL IN A NUTSHELL)
- And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked…and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ…For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- PRAYER FOR SPIRITUAL POWER
- 16that He would grant you according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man.
- GOD GOES BEYOND EXPECTATIONS
- Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.
- 1LEADERS EQUIP THE BODY TO SERVE
- 11He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ.
- CONTROL YOUR WORDS
- Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear.
- GET DRUNK ON THE SPIRIT
- And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit.
- WIVES SUBMIT AND HUSBANDS LOVE
- Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her; 33let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband.
- CHILDREN OBEY AND DADS TRAIN
- 1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 4And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger; but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- SPIRITUAL WARFARE
- Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
Theme of Philippians
Unity in Christ
IMITATE CHRIST’S SELFLESSNESS
"Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus …7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men."
WORK OUT SALVATION BECAUSE GOD IS WORKING IN YOU
"Work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."
KNOWING CHRIST IS MOST VALUABLE
"I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish in order that I may gain Christ."
CONTROL YOUR THOUGHTS
"whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."
CONTENTMENT & ENDURANCE THROUGH CHRIST
for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
Theme of 1 Thessalonians
Growth of a Baby Church
1 Thessalonians 1:9
Repentance = Turning from idols to God
1 Thessalonians 2:7
Shepherding is like parenting
1 Thessalonians 4:3
God's will is sexual purity
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice, pray and be thankful
Theme of 2 Thessalonians
Work while you wait
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview