and Engagement Issues. The “Accounting and Engagement Issues”
form at HOA-CX-16.4 is not part of the basic practice aids to be completed on
every engagement, but is used only if such situations occur during the
engagement. HOA-CX-16.4 has been designed to document consultations, departure
from professional standards, differences of opinion, and engagement withdrawal
considerations on one common form. The form may be used to:
- • Document consultations with other
- professionals involving complex, unusual, unfamiliar, difficult, or contentious
- issues, including the decisions made resulting from such consultation.
- • Document the justification for any
- departure from a presumptively mandatory requirement in the applicable
- authoritative standards, including how the alternative procedures performed
- were sufficient to achieve the objectives of the requirement.
- • Document differences of opinion among
- engagement team members, with those consulted, or between the engagement
- partner and engagement quality control reviewer concerning engagement issues,
- including the conclusions reached.
- • Document significant issues,
- consultations, conclusions, and the basis for conclusions relating to decisions
- made to withdraw from an engagement or from both the engagement and the client