Important Questions CBSY 1105
Card Set Information
Important Questions CBSY 1105
Which one of the following would not be considered a PC?
1. b. mainframe
The intangible components of a computer system, including the programs, are called:
Keyboards, monitors, and printers are all examples of which of the following?
b. peripheral devices
Which of the following is a pointing device that allows you to control the pointer by moving the
To display graphics, a computer needs a monitor and a(n):
b. graphic card or processor
What parts of the computer is responsible for executing instructions to process information?
What do you call each 1 or 0 used in the representation of computer data?
c. a bit
What is a megabyte?
b. about a million bytes
Which of the following temporarily stores data and programs while you are using them?
Which of the following permanently stores the set of instructions that the computer uses to activate the software that controls the processing function when you turn the computer on?
d. CPU Cache
What do you call a named collection of data stored on a disk?
c. a file
Which of the following is not permanent storage media?
The transmission protocol between a computer and its peripheral device is handled by a:
d. data bus
What telecommunications hardware is needed to convert digital signals to analog signals?
Which of the following acts as a locked door on a computer?
Which of the following is not a function of an operating system?
b. carries out a specific task for the user
Which of the following is system software?
c. Microsoft Windows
1. ****** are the technical detail about each hardware component.
1. The design and construction of the hardware of a particular computer is its *******.
1. A(n)****are removable circuit boards that are inserted into slots on the motherboard to expand the capacities of the motherboard.
1. ****** is similar to ROM except that it changes every time you add or remove hardware.
1. A (n)****is magnetic storage media usually sealed in a case inside the computer.
1. A(n) ***** is a display that while showing you the output, allows you to touch it with your finger or a stylus to input commands.
1. A printed copy of computer output is called ******.
1. Each computer that is part of the network must have a(n) ******* installed to connect it to the network.
Network Interface Card (NIC)
1. A computer on a network that acts as a central storage location for programs and data used on the network is a(n) ******.
1. A program that tracks a user’s internet usage without the user’s permission is called *******
1. A(n) ******** is any part of a computer system, including memory, storage devices, and microprocessor, that can be used by a computer program.
1. ******is when you create a connection between source data and a copy of the data in a new file so that the copy updated every time a change is made to the source data.
1. When data, application, and resources are stored on servers rather than on user’ computers, it is referred to as *****.