PdBio Chp 6
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The process of blood cell production is called?
In osteolysis the liberated calcium
A. enters the blood
B. Enters bone matrix
C enters bone marrow
Enters the blood
what characterizes articular cartilage?
- it functions to reduce friction in joints
- it cover an epiphysis
- it is composed of hyaline cartilage
Bones of the skeleton function as ______ that are pulled when skeletal muscles contract
Osteoprogenitor cells produce
- stem cells
- a cell that becomes an osteoblast
What are the microscopic parts of bone?
- concentric lamellae
- circumferential lamellae
- perforating canal
in intramembranous ossification, newly formed bone that is immature and not well organized is called?
A. endochondral bone
B. woven bone
C. secondary bone
D. lamellar bone
A bone's growth in diameter is called ______ growth
what characterize canaliculi?
- Nutrients pass through them
- they contain osteocyte cytoplasmic extensions
- they extend from lacunae to lacunae.
a thin layer of hyaline cartilage covering an epiphysis of a lone bone is called
what artery is inside the bone?
describe an osteon?
- it is microscopic
- it contians a central canal
- it runs parallel to the diaphysis of a long bone
- it is also called a Haversian systerm
the region of a mature bone between the diaphysis and epiphysis is the ____________
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview