The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
H pylori ulcers usually last up to
- 10-14 days
- Treated with antibiotics: amoxicillin, flagyl
- Proton pump inhibitors: prevacid
- Bismuth salts: Carafate
Non H pylori ulcers are traeted with
- Histamine 2 receptor agonists
- Zantac, pepcid, tagamet
Zollinger syndrome is treated with
- High dose H2 receptor agonists
- Sandostatin (suppresses gastrin levels)
No lavages if perforation!
These are symptoms of what?
Sudden severe pain in rt shoulder
- Gastric perforation
- Penetration can results-organs affected
- Back and epigastric pain unrelieved by analgesics
If _____ mL is suctioned out of NGT call surgeon.
Anything greater than D10 must use
urinary incontinence caused by delirium, stool impation, or psych