Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cell Theory # 1
All organisms are made up of one or more cells
Cell Theory # 2
Cells are basic unit of structure and fuction of organism
Cell Theory # 3
All cells came from other cells
(Basic Type of Cell # 1)
Prokaryotic - ?
No true Nucleus (no nuclear envelope) no membrane-bound organelles
(Basic Type of Cell # 2)
has true nucleus, and membrane-bound organelles
(Basic Type of Cell # 4)
Organelles - ?
Similar to body organs only smaller and inside the cells
Endosymbiotic theory - ?
smaller cells inside lived within larger larger cells became organelles
(explains how eukaryoti cells developed)
(Organelle # 1)
Nucleus - ?
Contain chromosome and controls structure and fuction of cell. (DNA/RNA)
(Organelle # 2)
Nucleolus - ?
where ribosomes are made
(ribosomes are necessary for protein synthesis)
(Organelle # 3)
Nuclear Envelope - ?
- -double membrane that surrounds the cell.
- -Tons of Nuclear Pore to allow materials to move in and out of nucleus.
(Organelle # 4)
Cell membrane - ?
- -maintains shape of cell.
- -Protects interior stuff present inside the cell from spilling
(Organelle # 5)
Mitochondrion - ?
produce enery in the form of ADENOSINE TRIPHOSPHATE (ATP)
(Organelle # 6)
Chromosome - ?
- -carries heredity information of an organism.
- -made up of densely-packed coiled up chromatin
(Organelle # 7)
Lysosome - ?
Contain enzymes capable of breaking down biological polymers, proteins, acids, carbohydrates, lipids.
(Organelle # 8)
Vacuole - ?
- -waste products made by cells are accumulated in vacuoles.
- -transport and storing nutrients, metabolites and waste products.
(organelle # 9)
Ribosome - ?
responsible for protein synthesis (RNA is translated to protein)
(Organelle # 10)
Golgi Apparatus - ?
processes, repackages, redistributes preoteins and lips.
(Organelle # 11)
Smooth/Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum - ?
transports chemicals between and wthin cells.
(Organelle # 12)
Chloroplasts - ?
- -Present in Plants.
- -Uses Sunlight to Produce energy (photosynthesis)
- -double membrane encloses a fluid-filled space (stroma)
- -within stroma is a membrane system of interconnected flattened sacs called thylakoids.
(Organelle # 13)
Thylakoids - ?
-may be stacked like coins and called ''granum'' or ''grana''
-increases surface area for chloroplast.
Mitochondria - ?
- -Present in all eukaryotic cells (including plants)
- -uses carbohydrates to produce energy by cellular respiration.
- -bound by double membrane
- -filled space is called the matrix
- -has ribosome and enzymes to break down carbohydrates.
- -inner membrane is called cristae, which is folded to increase the surface area where ATP production happens.
- -Cappilary action
- -heat sink
- -surface area
- -universal solvent
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview