Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Teaching for Diabetes Insupitus
Self managment, close followup of labs.
What does SIADH stand for
Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone - too much of it.
SIADH diagnostic studies
increased Urine Na+ and specific gravity (SG)
decreased Serum Na+ severe problem under 120, decreased serum osmolatiy, decreased urea nitrogen, decreased H/H, decreased urine output
SIADH coolaborative interventions
- Fluid restrictions 800-100mL/day
- replace sodium po or administer hypertonic saline 3%-5% for severe hyponatremia Na less than 120 mEq/L to prevent brain damage seizure precautions- lower salt levels, oral care
S/s of hyponatremia, neurologic function decreased, N,V, muscle cramping, weakness, HA, confusion, seizures, decreased function of brain.
SIADH interventions, drugs, teaching, and mngt of complications
- Drug: lasix, demeclocycline, lithium (interefers with ADH)
- Mngt of Complications: HOB 10 degrees.
- Teaching: Fluid and electrolyte imbalances, S/s Na K orally-irritating take with food.