The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Teaching for Diabetes Insupitus
Self managment, close followup of labs.
What does SIADH stand for
Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone - too much of it.
SIADH diagnostic studies
increased Urine Na+ and specific gravity (SG)
decreased Serum Na+ severe problem under 120, decreased serum osmolatiy, decreased urea nitrogen, decreased H/H, decreased urine output
SIADH coolaborative interventions
- Fluid restrictions 800-100mL/day
- replace sodium po or administer hypertonic saline 3%-5% for severe hyponatremia Na less than 120 mEq/L to prevent brain damage seizure precautions- lower salt levels, oral care
S/s of hyponatremia, neurologic function decreased, N,V, muscle cramping, weakness, HA, confusion, seizures, decreased function of brain.
SIADH interventions, drugs, teaching, and mngt of complications
- Drug: lasix, demeclocycline, lithium (interefers with ADH)
- Mngt of Complications: HOB 10 degrees.
- Teaching: Fluid and electrolyte imbalances, S/s Na K orally-irritating take with food.