The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Evidence will do what 4 things for you?
- - Aid enforcement at problem areas
- - Aid engineering for better designs
- - Aid education of drivers
- - Support your position in civil cases
Undue congestion can do what three things?
- Hinder Investigations
- Cause additional crashes
- Cecrease officer safety
Four things included in preliminary field sketch?
- Short lived evidence
- Position of vehicles final rest
- View obstructions
- Traffic control signals
Five possible physical conditions of driver?
Four pieces of hit and run evidence?
- Broken glass
- Tire prints
- Vehicle parts that fell/torn off
- Anything that fell out of car
Two exclusions to Un-stabilized situation classification?
- Deliberate intent
- Legal Intervention: Officer takes action to cause crash.
Five motor vehicle collision classifications by severity?
- Disabling Damage
- Functional Damage
- Other Motor Vehicle Damage
- Other Property Damage
- No Damage
Nine things to include in a diagram for a serious or fatal collision?
- Unit resting locations
- Location of injured/dead
- Tire Marks
- Roadway or roadside damages
- Debris and debris path
- Objects on or near roadway that are damaged
- View Obstructions
- Sight distances
- Camera position when you take photos
At the Awareness level, two NFPA duties?
Under NFPA first duty Analyze, 1st priority?
Under NFPA 2nd duty, Plan, two priorities?
- Protective Actions
- Notification Process
Which Class of explosive functions by combustion?
Which Class of explosive functions by detonation?
Flammable liquids emit ignitable vapors at what temp?
200 deg or cooler
Flammable liquids have a flash point no higher than what temp?
Combustible liquids have a flash point between what temps?
140 to 200 deg
Flammable and combustible liquids fall under what class?
Class 4 materials contain what 3 categories?
- Flammable Solids
- Spontaneously combustible materials
- Dangerous when wet materials
Two things that will be included on a small hazmat package label?
- Name of commodity
- Identification number
Hazard level numbers
- 0: No hazard
- 1: Slight hazard
- 2: Moderate hazard
- 3: Extreme hazard
- 4: Severe hazard
By law, every shipping paper must contain what info in sequence?
- Proper shipping name
- Hazard class or division number
- Four digit ID number
- Packaging group
- Total weight of material
The Hazmat guide book is not intended to:
- Help during Hazmat cleanup
- Determining compliance with any regulations
- Address every potential Hazmat incident
Guidebook, Yellow pages list what first?
Guide numbers of materials
Blue pages list what first?
Names of materials
Orange pages list what three things?
- Emergency response
- Potential Hazards
- Community Safety
Green pages contain info on what two things?
- Initial Isolation
- Protective action distances
First damage or injury producing event that occurred?
First harmfull event