The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Mental Health?
- A sence of harmony and balance for an individual, family, friends and community.
- Life long
Values & Belifs underpinning mental health nursing
- Accepting each client as a whole person developing mutual trust
- Exploring behaviours and emotions
- Encouraging responsibility
- Encouraging effective adaptation
- Providing consistency
Hildegard Peplau (1909-1999) theories on Psychodynamic Nursing
- Counselling Role - working with thepatient on current problems
- Leadership Role - working with the patient democratically
- Surrogate Role - figuratively standing in for a person in the patient's life
- Stranger - accepting the patient objectively
- Resource Person - interpreting the plan to the patient
- Teaching Role - offering information and helping the patient learn
The Tidal Model
- A philosophical approach to the discovery of mental health, focused on helping people recover their personal story, as a first step towards reclaiming control over their lives.
- Recognises the need to provide meaningful support for the person - on many levels- to allow the person to develop their understanding of what is happening, and what has happened to them.
The 10 essence’s of the value base of the Tidal Model.
- Value the Voice
- Respect the language
- Develop genuine curiosity
- Become the apprentice
- Reveal personal wisdom
- Be Transparent
- Use the available toolkit
- Craft the step beyond
- Give the gift of time
- Know that change is constant
Peplau Interpersonal Relations Model
- Based on psycodynamic nursing using an understanding of ones own behaviour to help others identify their difficulties
- Applies principles of human relations
- Patient have a felt need