Eng. medieval period 2nd
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- a.k.a Richard the lionhearted
- always fought in crusades
- part of ivanhoe
- died in france and left no aire
- bad king, very poor
- loses normandy and france
- attacks the church
- takes everything from barons
- *great charter
- John was forced to sign in 1215 at Runnemead by saxons in england
- ** a year later he got the pope to declare it null
Where is john buried?
- worcester cathedral
- **there was never ever another king named john
- long and peaceful reign
- had an extremely strong son
Parliament is made of ?
- house of commons
- house of lords
- finest figure monarch for his day
- married elanor of castille
- responsible for english Long Bow
What did Edward do when his wife elanor died?
- he put up a charing cross everywhere they stopped on his way home with her body
- **last one was put at charing cross station in london
who did Edward I kill?
William Wallace (brave heart)
who did Edward II turn the government over to?
What did Edward II's wife do?
- she got Piers murdered and then she fleed.
- she came back with her lover, Mortimer and they murdered Edward
- beheaded mortimer and exiled his mom
- reigned during the 100 years war
100 years war?
- 1336- 1453
- between england and france
- famous for english archer
Joan of arc?
- at 14 yrs old helped france fight
- she was accused of being of a witch and was burned at stake
Battle of Crosce?
- 50 english and 1500 french were killed
- people died within hours
- comes from fleas
3 types of black plague?
- bubonic- only one you could survive
- pneumonic - affects lungs
- septicemic- could only get through blood stream
What years did the black plague interupt the 100 years war?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview