Card Set Information
Cardiovascular system day
day 2 cardiovascular system
True or false: Artery pumps blood back into the heart?
False: Artery = Away
What are the 3 electrical systems in the heart?
SA node = Sinoatrial node
AV node = Atrioventricular node
What is it called where an artery turns to a vein?
Name a few Cardiac issues?
Trauma - aortic disection, Cardiac Tamponade, Hypovolemia, Cardiac Contusion
Medical issues - Miocardial Infarction, AAA Abdominal Aortic anuerizm, Angina, Ateriosclerosis,Congestive Heart Failure, Stroke, Trans ischemic attack, Sepsis, Pericarditis.
What is an MI?
- Miocardial Infarction
- death of heart tissue, result of vessel blockage
What are some signs and symptoms of an MI?
- Pain (clutching of the chest)
- Reffered Pain (radiating) to the left arm, shoulder jaw.
- Rapid Breathing, and increased heart rate.
- irregular Pulse
- Described like bad indigestion
What two things make you think MI?
1. pain or discomfort in the chest/left arm/neck
A temporary blockage around the heart, (fake MI)
MI is imminant (sooner or later), take to hospital
Blockage around the brain (MI of the brain)
Temporary blockage around the brain.
Stroke is imminant (sooner or later), take to hospital
Conjestive heart failure (Fluid in Lungs)
- usually smokers with COPD
- do not lay them down
- blood infection throughout body
- look like shit and stink
Tearing of Aorta due to trauma
trauma version of Abdominal Aortic anurism
- good pulse above heart, poor pulse below heart
- sqeezing of heart due to swelling
- JVD is apparent