The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
True or false: Artery pumps blood back into the heart?
False: Artery = Away
What are the 3 electrical systems in the heart?
- SA node = Sinoatrial node
- AV node = Atrioventricular node
- Purkinje fibres
What is it called where an artery turns to a vein?
Name a few Cardiac issues?
- Trauma - aortic disection, Cardiac Tamponade, Hypovolemia, Cardiac Contusion
- Medical issues - Miocardial Infarction, AAA Abdominal Aortic anuerizm, Angina, Ateriosclerosis,Congestive Heart Failure, Stroke, Trans ischemic attack, Sepsis, Pericarditis.
What is an MI?
- - Miocardial Infarction
- - death of heart tissue, result of vessel blockage
What are some signs and symptoms of an MI?
- - Pain (clutching of the chest)
- - Reffered Pain (radiating) to the left arm, shoulder jaw.
- - Rapid Breathing, and increased heart rate.
- - irregular Pulse
- - Described like bad indigestion
What two things make you think MI?
- 1. pain or discomfort in the chest/left arm/neck
- 2. SOB
- A temporary blockage around the heart, (fake MI)
- MI is imminant (sooner or later), take to hospital
Blockage around the brain (MI of the brain)
- Temporary blockage around the brain.
- Stroke is imminant (sooner or later), take to hospital
- Conjestive heart failure (Fluid in Lungs)
- - usually smokers with COPD
- - do not lay them down
- - blood infection throughout body
- - look like shit and stink
- Tearing of Aorta due to trauma
- trauma version of Abdominal Aortic anurism
- - good pulse above heart, poor pulse below heart
- - sqeezing of heart due to swelling
- - JVD is apparent