Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What Are the Vital signs all FF's must know?
- - Pulse
- - BP
- - Respirations
- - Pupils
- - LOC
- - SPO2
- - Skin
- we dont check but we should know:
- - BGL
- - EtCO2
What 7 places can we check the patients pulse?
corodid (neck), breakeal (bicep), radial (wrist), femorial, popliteal, dorsalis pedis, posterior tibialis
What is the normal pulse range for an adult, child and infant?
- Adult - 60-100
- Child - 80-120
- Infant - 120-140
What is EtCO2?
- the amount of Co2 being exhaled
What is the normal range of EtCO2?
How does EtCO2 help you?
- It tell you during CPR if you are:
- - If the EtCO2 reads high, speed up ventilations (hyperventilation)
- - If the EtCO2 reads low, slow down ventilations (hypoventilation)
How many O2 is sticking to the hempglobin in the blood.
What is the range of SPo2 readings?
What are the two substances that will give your SPO2 a false reading?
- carbon monoxide and cyonide
How do you check LOC?
- AVPU - Alert, verbal, pain, unresponsive
- Orientation - Name, time, place, event
- A + O X 3
What is the BP normal range?
100/76 - 140/90
What are you checking on the skin?
Temperature, condition, colour
What does it mean if the pupils are not even or reactive?
- swelling in your head. Possible head trauma.
What is the normal temperature of a human?
- 36.9 or 98.6 degrees
What is a normal BGL?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview